Tea is a fascinating beverage and has a rich history that goes back for centuries. The story of tea begins in China. According to legend, in 2737 BC, the Chinese emperor Shen Nung was sitting beneath a tree while his servant boiled drinking water, when some leaves from the tree blew into the water. Shen Nung, a renowned herbalist, decided to try the infusion that his servant had accidentally created and the resulting drink was what we now call tea.
Tea is now the number one consumed beverage in the world, next to water. In the World of SoRen, tea is not only a way of life, it is a fashion statement. Our packaging and branding reflect our love for tea and our vision of presenting it as one of life’s many luxuries.
How To Enjoy SoRen Tea
- Start with fresh, cold water and bring water to either a boil or just under a boil, based on tea type.
- Black and rooibos teas are best when steeped with boiling water at 212 degrees. Oolong teas should be steeped with water just under a boil, between 190 and 203 degrees. Green teas should be steeped with slightly cooler water, between 160 and 180 degrees. White teas should be steeped with even cooler water, between 150 to 160 degrees.
- Add tea leaves, one heaping teaspoon per cup of water. For iced tea, add one level tablespoon.
- Pour hot water over leaves and steep. Refer to tea descriptions for specific brewing instructions.
- Remove or strain tea and enjoy!
Tea can be enjoyed at any time, day or night and is an exciting beverage to pair with your favorite foods. To help you get the most out of your SoRen Tea experience, we have listed some food ideas that pair well with our gourmet teas.
- Vintage Black: A modern twist on English Breakfast, this classic tea is the perfect complement to your morning routine. Vintage Black is best paired with breakfast foods and sweet breads or pastries.
- Citrine Blossom: This light and refreshing tea is the perfect cup to sip all day. Perfect for your afternoon break, this tea is ideal for sipping alongside fresh salads and seafood.
- Bohemian Peach: For the tea connoisseur, this elegant oolong is bursting with flavor. The delicately balanced blend of peach flavor makes this tea a classic. It is mild, refreshing and is great with afternoon tea and evening meals.
- Vanilla Rouge: This bold rooibos blend with light notes of vanilla is the perfect balance of flavors. An excellent complement to baked desserts and savories, this vivacious tea is for the young at heart.
- Estate Grey: This twist on the classic Earl Grey is guaranteed to charm your senses with its light notes of vanilla and lavender. Estate Grey is full-bodied and a lively complement to savory dishes.
- Posh Noir: This classic Darjeeling tea is for the sophisticated tea lover. The perfect cup to unwind after a busy day, this refined tea marries well with creamy cheeses and the classic afternoon tea favorite, clotted cream and scones.
- Coco Chic: This playful rooibos blend is for the chocolate lovers and adventurous. This tea bursts forth with vibrant and zesty flavors yet delivers a smooth finish. It is the perfect after dinner drink and complement to baked desserts.
- Cashmere Crème: This luxurious white tea is reminiscent of the islands, with it’s smooth coconut flavor. The exceptional blend drinks well alone and is the perfect after dinner dessert course.